CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

Fourth Assignment

1~ The first thing I recogonized was a metaphor which was on the cover of my book, the title of my book is Light in August. This is a metaphor because the story is not about light in August, it occuring in the month of August but it's not about light or Aughust having any impact on whats happening in the story. This metaphor has to do with the setting or my book.

2~ An other metaphor would be, apparently arrested and held immobile. It doesn't mean that the man was arrested and taken to jail because be caused a crime. It just means that he read somthing unexpecting and he was shocked so he froze and didn't know what to do, so he just stayed still without moving a single in of his body like he has just been arrested for something.

3~ A symbol in my story is a mill where these men work and chop wood and scoop saw dust. The mill is a symbol of bringing people together because it brought Joe Christmas and Joe Brown together and now they are best friends. It brought Lena and Bryon together because he is now going to help her find the father of her child and get her a place to stay and help from Reverend Gail Hightower.

4~ No i do not know the project of my book is at this moment. i have not yet read far enough in my book to figure it out.

0 comments: